New products to test... watch this space!
L'Oréal Revitalift Laser Renew Night Cream 50ml
Product description from the Boots website: Laser Renew Night Cream
At night, it is the ideal time for your skin to renew whilst being protected from external aggressors.
Hydration recovery treatment
1. Repairs: Enriched with a 3% concentrate of Pro-Xylane™. Helps repair the visible signs of ageing by reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Even the deepest wrinkles seem to fade.
2. Resurfaces: Enriched with Hyaluronic acid and LHA, skin feels smoother and skin texture appears noticeably improved.
3. Redefines: Enriched with Centella Asiatica, a plant extract known for its restoring properties. Skin is firmer and contours appear more defined. Innovative cream-mask texture The ultra-fine cream-mask has a 'memory-cushion' texture which moulds to the contours of your face.
It provides a mask of hydration and continuous anti-ageing action throughout the night. Awaken to skin with more bounce, fine lines appear faded.
Visible results Wake up to fresher, softer and more radiant skin. After one week wrinkles appear reduced*.
After 4 weeks skin texture is smoother, as if transformed.
*Clinical score 44 women Intense Action: Repairs + Resurfaces + Redefines
Texture: Innovative cream-mask texture. Non-greasy.
To complete your Regime
Apply your Revitalift Laser Renew Day and Night treatments daily.
For intense action, apply Revitalift Laser Renew Super Serum before your moisturiser.
For targeted action, use Laser Renew Precision Eye Pen around the eyes.
How to Use
Apply the cream-mask every evening to a thoroughly cleansed face and neck, massaging into the skin in circular motions.
Leave on overnight and wash off in the morning.
L'Oréal Revitalift Laser Renew Super Serum 30ml
Product description from the Boots website: Super Serum
This isn't a laser treatment but it will give you intense action and target wrinkles, skin firmness and skin texture leaving your skin feeling smoother, plumper and looking more even. Advanced anti-ageing care for visible results in 4 weeks.
Revitalift Laser Renew contains a naturally-derived glycan (or complex sugar)-Pro-Xylane, which has been proven in a 6 month study to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet wrinkles, boost skin density and improve bounce.
This wonder molecule has been combined with two other powerhouse active ingredients, LHA (Lipohydroxy acid) a smart exfoliating ingredient and fragmented Hyaluronic acid, a moisturising ingredient to boost the effects of the formula.
The luxurious texture has been proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and roughness in a test with a CO2 fractional laser session. The results are convincing-the test revealed that Revitalift Laser Renew resulted in an 18% improvement in roughness and the CO2 fractional laser session resulted in a 20% improvement. There was a 14% reduction in the appearance of wrinkle depth with Laser Renew and a 17% decrease with the CO2 fractional laser session.
Triple Action Anti-Ageing Skincare
1. REPLUMPS WRINKLES: enriched with Hyaluronic acid, an effective moisture magnet found naturally in skin, for a stimulating effect. The appearance of wrinkles is reduced.
2. REDUCES THE APPEARANCE OF PORES: enriched with LHA. Pores appear tightened.
3. TRANSFORMS THE APPEARANCE OF SKIN TEXTURE: enriched with Pro-Xylane™ 3% and Pro Ceramide. Skin feels smoother and appears more even.
- Immediately skin quality is transformed. Skin feels significantly smoother and looks more even.
- Day after day wrinkles appear reduced, pores appear tightened and skin feels firmer.
How to Use
- Apply the Serum every morning and/or evening to a thoroughly cleansed face, either alone or before your Laser Renew Advanced Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.
- Apply a few drops to your fingertips and massage on to your face.
- To complete your regime use with Revitalift Laser Renew Advanced Anti-Ageing Moisturiser and Laser Renew Precision Eye Cream around the eyes.
AQUA / WATER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYPROPYL TETRAHYDROPYRANTRIOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, CARBOMER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SILICA, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PALMITIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Both containers are made of glass and are quite a bit heavier than I expected. The lid on the cream mask, and the little lid inside, are of a visibly high quality. The nozzle on the serum also looks very good quality. In fact, both items look like they belong in a luxury range of beauty products. I especially liked the red and black colour combination as it sat on my dressing table.
The instructions and other information is all on the outside of the boxes.
The cream was thick and silky and smelt really nice. For whatever reason I felt that it never fully absorbed into my skin and I always felt I had residue on my face. A little goes a long way and even with using very small amounts I still felt that my skin was never quite 'dry'.
The serum is white and is only very faintly scented. That also tends to sit on top of the skin for quite some time, rather than being absorbed quickly. I wouldn't want to be putting on any make-up after using this product, or at least, not for an hour or so. If you apply this serum right before going to bed you may end up with a greasy pillow.
After just a few days my skin was feeling a lot softer and looking smoother, especially on my forehead where my frown lines have definitely improved.
Out of the two products I much preferred the cream, although the serum was ok for very dry areas. Would I buy it? Probably not, although I'd use it again if I received it as a gift.