BzzAgent

BzzAgent

Saturday, 3 October 2015

L'OREAL EXCELLENCE AGE PERFECT


Very Light Ivory Blonde

I have long, thick hair and I always need two boxes whenever I colour it, so to get round this I chose to simply colour the underneath. That way, if it all went horribly wrong at least my usual colour was still on the top. That was the 'Plan' in any case...

I sectioned off the top layers out of the way and read through the instructions several times before I began. It's always a worry using a different dye to your usual brand as there's so many things that could potentially go wrong.




The instructions were very clear and easy to read. I loved the little comb you use to make sure all of your hair is coated. I chose not to use the gloves provided, simply because I can never get on with them. I found it awkward squeezing the colourant from the aluminium tube into the mixing bottle - this would make far more sense to be in another bottle. The product did look a little 'lumpy' despite me giving it a good shake, but it smelt ok (not too strong). It did take a bit of getting used to and my hair got a bit tangled at times, but I persevered. In fact, after about 10 minutes I still had quite a bit of mixed dye left in the bottle, and as the hair I'd already treated hadn't turned a bright orange I threw caution to the wind and covered my hair all over.

This is the first hair dye I've ever used that's managed to completely coat all of my hair!

I left it on for 30 minutes and gently washed it before applying the conditioner. I wasn't too keen on the conditioner bottle as you couldn't stand it up and the tiny cap was fiddly (especially with wet hands). However, the conditioner itself was lovely to use and made my hair feel nice and soft.

The verdict:
I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. A little goes a long way and the result is a natural colour with no orangey bits. I wouldn't call it 'luminous' (as per the blurb on the box) but it's covered the greys and was simple to use.

Would I buy this product? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment